Applying for Permanent Residency Under the Federal Skilled Worker Class

You must meet certain requirements to be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class. For example, you must: 

- have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply and

- meet or exceed the required language levels needed for your job in each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening). You must meet or exceed the language threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A occupations, and CLB 5 for NOC B occupations. 

The Canadian Experience Class is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada. 

You cannot apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class if you: 

- gained your work experience without the proper authorization (for example, illegally, as an undocumented worker),
- gained your work experience in a job not classified as skill type 0, or skill level A or B according to the National Occupational Classification,
- gained your work experience in any of the six ineligible occupations: cooks, food service supervisors, retail sales supervisors, accounting technicians and bookkeepers, administrative officers, and administrative assistants,
- gained your work experience while you were self-employed,
- gained your experience while on a student work permit (co-op, off-campus, or on-campus), or have less than one year of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada.

Note: From November 9, 2013 to October 31, 2015, CIC will accept a maximum of 12,000 new, complete applications under the Canadian Experience Class. 

Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration announced the "Express Entry" program for faster processing times – 6 months or less. Applicants must fall under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, the Canadian Experience Class, and the PNP. 

If you need help with Canada immigration, pick up the phone and contact us today by calling 416-848-9815. Our Toronto Immigration Lawyers are Available When You Need Us Most!

Call 416-848-9815 to Start Getting Legal Help Today!